Griffith Insurance LLP is proud to be a part of the West Chester, PA business community. If you are interested in learning more about how to stay safe while driving, keep reading! We encourage all of our clients to follow safe driving practices year-round.
Follow these safety tips and stay safe!
Auto safety is everyone’s responsibility and something that every driver should take seriously. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe when out on the road:
- Do not drive if you are intoxicated or excessively tired. We all know the dangers of DUIs and the consequences. As much attention should also be paid to avoid driving after drinking, while on prescription medications, or too tired to drive safely.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car. Be sure to have a blanket, shovel, extra windshield fluid, and boots in your trunk.
- Sign up for roadside assistance, or opt for an auto policy that includes that important feature.
- Avoid distractions by putting your phone away while you are driving – even while stopped at red lights. It can wait!
- Defensive driving lessons are another great way to improve your driving ability. Driving is a skill and one that can be improved upon.
These are just a few ways to stay safe while out on the roads. Our team is here to help you protect yourself, your vehicle, and your passengers with an auto policy that is right for you.
Visit your hometown insurance agency today
Griffith Insurance LLP is here to assist the residents of the West Chester, PA community with all of their insurance needs. If you need some help with your auto insurance policy, call or stop by our office today!
After a car accident, it is normal to feel anxious about the next steps. However, our team at Griffith Insurance LLP wants to make the process a little easier for our policyholders in West Chester, PA.
When the moment has calmed down, the first step is to call us and find out how to file a claim with your carrier. From there, we’ve put together this list of next steps to be aware of. Keep reading to learn more.
Common Next Steps After Filing an Auto Insurance Claim
While each auto insurance company does things a little differently, most follow the same path. The most common next steps after filing a car accident claim include:
- Your adjuster discusses coverages and the status of the claim. They will tell you what your deductibles are, who is at-fault for the accident, and other pertinent information. If you’re the one liable, they’ll also go over what coverage you have to take care of the other person.
- You’ll meet with an auto damage adjuster to inspect your vehicle. Sometimes this is a situation where they want you to get estimates from a body shop, but most often, they’ll send a claims employee out to document the damage and write an estimate.
- A check is issued for repairs. This is when a check is issued for repairs. If you have a lien on the car, it gets a little more complicated. But you’ll be expected to take the car in to get fixed as soon as possible.
- You pay your deductible directly to the body shop. The check you received from the insurance company should have that figure already subtracted. That’s why you pay it directly to the body shop when repairs are complete.
Having Quality Auto Insurance Coverage Matters
Having adequate auto insurance coverage is an important part of staying legal on the streets of West Chester, PA. If you’re ready to find the right policy for your needs, please contact us at Griffith Insurance LLP today.
Insuring Stored RVs
An RV in storage that is not being driven on roadways does not need to be legally insured. This is at the discretion of the owner. If you own your RV, there are good reasons you may want to consider keeping your car insurance up to date when you are away, such as a disaster or theft. In some situations, such as when an RV is financed, insurance may be required regardless if it is in storage or not.
Speaking with your insurance agent can help you decide what will fit your needs if you plan to store your car. Our agents at Griffith Insurance LLP West Chester, PA are experts in all the ins and outs of auto insurance. We can help craft a policy that will be most beneficial for your stored and active RVs.
Benefits of Insuring Your Stored RV
Maintaining the insurance of your stored RV may save you money in the long run. Uninterrupted coverage, instead of a gap, might be factor insurers look at when you restart your policy. A break in coverage could increase costs overall. The short term savings may not be worth it considering this. If your RV is insured while you are away and fire or theft happens, you will have peace of mind knowing you kept your policy active.
A Trusted Insurance Agency in West Chester, PA
Contact us today at Griffith Insurance LLP in West Chester, PA to see how we can help with your auto insurance options for your stored RV. Our agents have years of experience assisting RV owners in getting the best coverage possible at affordable prices.
Auto insurance is necessary for you to drive a vehicle. There’s even a state minimum for auto insurance. However, it might be a good idea to have additional coverage on top of your basic policy. An agent at Griffith Insurance LLP, serving the West Chester, PA region, can talk over the options with you.
Deductibles should be in place to provide coverage in the instance you get into a fender bender or some other type of accident that occurs with your automobile. It’s frustrating when you don’t have enough deductible coverage. Talk to your insurance agent about getting collision and comprehensive coverage. It can ease some of the panic that comes along with injuries and repairs.
If you have a vehicle that’s in storage, you may wonder if you should have insurance for it. This should be covered under regular comprehensive coverage. The insurance company should discuss what your comprehensive coverage entails. Just make sure to explain the exact situation so that they can provide you with the policy riders you may need. This should take care of damages from accidents such as fire, building collapse, and vandalism, among other unfortunate things that can happen.
This is for you to use if you cause an accident, and it includes property damage and bodily injury liability. This means it will cover the other party’s auto repairs and medical bills. However, it won’t cover you or passengers in your car if any of you happen to get injured or if the vehicle is damaged from the accident.
Some other types of auto insurance coverage you should have include personal injury protection (PIP), Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP), Emergency Roadside Assistance, and Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. Not all of these will necessarily be available from your insurance provider.
Reach out to Griffith Insurance LLP of West Chester, PA with your questions and concerns. Our team can assist you in getting started with the process right away.